David Anthony Kanuma, the only child of the late Buganda Princess Diana Teyeggala, has cried out for help and appealed to President Yoweri Museveni to secure what he says is his late mother’s share of his grandfather’s estate.
In a video message addressed to Museveni, Kanuma said he has struggled since his mother died on December 20, 2025, claiming that he has not received the support he expected from his family.
“Your Excellency President Museveni, I record this video today to seek your assistance, help and intervention,” Kanuma said.
Kanuma alleged that his uncle, Prince Daudi Kintu Wasajja, also known as David Wasajja, collected money from State House that was intended to support him following his mother’s death.
He claimed that he has not received the money and has not been given a clear explanation about what happened to it.
Kanuma also said his attempts to seek assistance from the Buganda Kingdom establishment in Mengo have not yielded results. According to him, he was turned away when he went to Mengo and was allegedly told that officials only knew his late mother and did not know him.
He further claimed that attempts to contact a Permanent Secretary identified as Mr Mukebi were unsuccessful despite phone calls and WhatsApp messages.
Kanuma Wants His Mother’s Share Of Estate
Kanuma said his mother had previously sought to pursue what she believed was her rightful share of her late father’s estate but died before the matter was resolved.
He claimed that Princess Diana had met President Museveni while trying to address the issue.
“All I am trying to do, Your Excellency, is to attain a share of my mother in my grandfather’s estate,” Kanuma said.
Princess Diana Teyeggala was a daughter of the late Sir Edward Muteesa II, former Kabaka of Buganda and Uganda’s first President, and the youngest sister of Kabaka Ronald Kimera Muwenda Mutebi II.
The claims made in his video have not been independently verified, and the individuals mentioned in his account have not publicly responded to the allegations presented.
